This update brings a host of fixes alongside an increase to the resolution of the weather data currently being used in the game.
We have increased the resolution for the weather data in Sailaway from 1 degree to 0.25 degree which should make for more accurate locational weather. In addition, the white wind lines on the map should now better reflect the true wind direction.
Additional Buoys & Lights
As part of the process of increasing height map data for areas of the world based on extra real-world chart data and extra 3,900 buoys and lights have been added to US waters. This will increase further as more data is processed, the actual height map data will change in a future update.
- Bow wave of the 50′ performance cruiser has been reduced
- Bow wave angle was has been corrected
- Bow spray particles have been reduced as the hull raises from the water. This was especially an issue on the windward hull of the catamaran
Races and Multiplayer
- The race panel should now appear for all crew members
- When you join a race while there are crewmembers on board, the crew will receive the update and see the race panel + buoys
- When you change waypoints while there are crewmembers on board, the crew will receive the voyage updates
- When auto navigation is set to maintain angle to the wind and you join another crew, the boat will no longer try to keep steering to the old angle
- Auto navigation options are now disabled when the crew member does not have control over the boat
- It is now possible to change the auto navigation options if you don’t own the boat
- Further improved multi-crew synchronisation
Other changes and fixes
- Pressing the Space/Enter key will proceed on any OK or Next prompt that is present
- Dolphins were appearing a bit too often, they spawn rate has been reduced a bit.
- Fixed another instance of the map not loading correctly
- Fixed odd Gennaker rope issue on the Performance Cruiser
- Fixed hotkeys not being assigned correctly on the Performance Cruiser
- Fixed issue where the furthest right option on a carousel menu could not be selected
- Fixed the white texture that appeared on your boat if you had no badges to selected to display.
As always If you have a bug you’d like to report, please follow the guide for ‘how to report a bug’and post a new thread in the Bug Reporting Forum.
The Sailaway Team