Here are the patch notes for today’s update!
New US Map data is now live
Following on from Richard’s developer blog about ocean depth accuracy, the updated US height map data is now live! You can read how that is done at the link below:
Day/Night added to the map!
We have added a visual indicator to the map that shows if an area is currently in daylight or darkness.
Fixes & Improvements
- The current boat “Skipper” is now listed in the crew list.
- Players could use the anchor as a cheat during races at the buoys by dropping and pulling anchor which would raise the gennaker very quickly. The anchor has now been disabled in races.
- The sea should have better contrast in light winds.
- The red gennaker of distant boats is no longer red and fades better in the distance.
- Nearby terrain has been smoothed more.
- Fixed an issue with terrain using the wrong shader.