It’s been awhile but hopefully what I have to share today is worth the wait. First off, big news, it’s a new boat! A beautiful 32′ Offshore Racer with hydrofoils, inspired by the Figaro Beneteau 3.
We’ve also fixed a boatload of bugs and as some you may already noted we’ve made a change to leave the offline sailing penalty in the players hands. Now the organizer of the event is in control whether that penalty is on or off.
Full Patch notes
- Added the new hydrofoil 32′ Offshore Racer.
- Changed routines for particles, floatation, boat friction and boat stability to accommodate hydrofoils.
- Boat names were sometimes partially occluded by the hull of the boat.
- Small bugs in displaying lines that are being controlled.
- The list of lines to be controlled with the Q/E keys no longer shows trim lines for sails that aren’t raised except their halyard or furl line).
- Helping hand button no longer pulls lines of sails that aren’t raised.
- Helping hand now says: Easing genoa halyard from 100 to 0% to make the genoa more round.
- Improved autofocus feature.
- Saving and restoring the size of the navigation window sometimes resulted in wrong sizes and wrong positions.
- Extended the theoretical global sailing area from S80 – N80 degrees to S89 – N89 degrees.
- The penalty for offline sailing in long distance races and challenges can now be set by the organizer of the event.
- The color of foils were not copied onto the boat when a Steam workshop item was applied.
We are still working away hard on the map editor and we’ll giving you more information on how you can influence the direction of this in an upcoming update.