This update focuses on an issue we believe is the main cause of players crashing when a large number of boats are on screen at once, with a particularly large community race to celebrate the Volvo Ocean Race on the horizon we want to get these performance improvements in place to make this as smooth as possible.
Multiple improvements have been made to how Sailaway handles textures and memory allocation, this should stop the root cause of the crashes people are experiencing.
Alongside this improvement there has also been work done to speed up the various background tasks Sailaway computes while you sail, these refinements should lead to better performance on certain hardware.
We know this is something that has been bothering many of you so we have adjusted the horizon so that it straightens up after a short time, this should hopefully make playing a bit more comfortable.
Bug Fixes & Other Improvements
- Fixed player’s avatar icons becoming distorted/corrupted
- Boom is now centred when the mainsail is not raised
- Rain particles no longer appear to be coming from inside the boat
- Jib and Halyard hotkeys should now work again
- The Gameplay menu has been adjusted to show what settings affect one boat or all boats
- You can now disable extended ingame boat tooltips via Gameplay > Show Tips
- Fixed an issue where all boats would seemingly get entered into a started challenge
The Sailaway Team