This week’s update brings a whole host of new features!
Introducing the new 50′ performance cruiser! This high-performance sailing boat is ideal for long range trips and racing at speed. It’s now available to sail in Sailaway!
You can now earn Steam Achievements! Some of them are retroactive too so make sure to start up the game and see what unlocks.
We’ve created 6 new sail trimming tutorials, these cover the following topics:
- Curve depth – The theory behind having a flat or deeply curved sail
- Curve position – The theory behind having the deepest curve at the front of your sail or more towards the centre
- Top of the sail – The theory behind pulling the top of the sail closed or making it more open
- Controlling the depth of the sail – Which trim lines to use to change the depth of the sail curve
- Positioning the sail curve – Which trim lines should you pull to move the shape of the sail towards the front or the centre
- Opening/closing the top – Which trim lines will open or close the top section of the sail
You might spot a few more additions, but you’ll have to find them for yourselves 😉
We’ve been fixing localisation mistakes over the last week so most reported errors should now be addressed.
Known Issues we are currently working on:
- Race Buoys not appearing and race times glitching (we suspect these are linked). This one is taking a while to fix but we’re working hard to identify the cause.
- Issue where other boats in your fleet sometimes stop sailing while you are online